FIBREGLASS PULTRUDED PROFILES FRP or GRP: Structures, Handrails, Ladders, Stairs
Structural profiles are manufactured using a pultrusion process (polymerisation of a profile pulled through a heated die) and contain up to 70% fibreglass, ensuring exceptional mechanical strength. Their structure, composed of continuous directional glass fibres, gives them excellence resistance to impact and fatigue (overloading does not cause permanent deformations).
FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) pultruded profiles have various advantages: extraordinary rigidity, corrosion resistance, electrical insulation and light weight. Designed by specialists in composite structures, pultruded profiles take into account all the properties required in a load-bearing profile or beam, such as longitudinal strength, shear resistance, flange flexural resistance and transversal strength.
TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PULTRUDED PROFILES:
- Corrosion resistance: pultruded profiles normally use isophthalic resin, ensuring excellent resistance to corrosion. (Other resins are available on request.)
Ticomm & Promaco stabilise the resin against UV and add a corrosion-resistant barrier to the external surface. This barrier increases the volume of resin on the surface and avoids fibre blooming.
- Examples of applications: all the small support systems normally made using traditional carpentry: platforms, walkways, landings, small supports, stands for chemical apparatus and instruments, insulating partitions, etc.
- A straightforward choice that's better than steel: depending on the strength required, the choice of the profile to use is simple - it is the same as choosing a steel profile. Easy to install, cut and drill using ready available tools. Pultruded profiles can be assembled more quickly than metal profiles.
- Light weight and insulation: a support using EUROGRATE® pultruded profiles weighs about three times less than its equivalent in steel with the same rigidity.
This leads to savings in transportation, handling and assembly and reduces costs for components that require frequent maintenance.
Non-magnetic and non-conductive, EUROGRATE® pultruded profiles offer excellent electrical and thermal insulation.
- Fibreglass nuts and bolts: threaded nuts and bolts in fibreglass-reinforced epoxy resin offer excellent mechanical strength and chemical resistance.
This means than they can be used to construct hard-wearing structures with no need for any metallic components. Using standard ISO pitch, they differ from metal bolts in that they have a specially profiled thread that maintains a continuous hold.
|Ask Eurograte for further technical details or a personalised estimate.
Contact us NOW! Tel. +39 02 950911, send us an email or fill in the online form
and Fibreglass Structures
PULTRUDED PROFILES - APPLICATION EXAMPLES