METAL GRATING VERSUS FIBREGLASS or GRP: Comparison
Despite the tempting initial price of metal gratings (or traditional gratings) which are often chosen in a hurry on the sole basis of their apparent economic benefits, in the long term they involve costs which have a negative effect on the investment:
- Safety-related costs:
Due to the poor slip-resistance of metal gratings when water, grease, oil, ice etc. are present.
Disadvantages: Accidents at work, risk of injury to personnel and consequent reduction in company profitability.
- Maintenance costs and low chemical resistance of the material:
Rapid corrosion even in conditions of minimal chemical aggression, leading to a need for frequent replacement
- Manpower costs for installation and transport:
Greater physical effort and the use of lifting equipment for the installation and movement of metal gratings due to their weight which is 3 times more than that of fibreglass gratings; this also has a negative impact on transport costs
- Cost of shaping, cutting and drilling.
EUROGRATE® fibreglass gratings, by contrast, prove to be an excellent investment because they are characterised by:
- Long-lasting corrosion resistance even in harsh conditions (immersion, or continuous contact) with very aggressive products (e.g. sulphuric or hydrochloric acid)
- Guarantee of markedly greater safety, even in extreme conditions (grease, oil, or waxes) ensured by the special permanent anti-slip surface (DIN standard 51130 class R13-V10)
- Lightweight, simple to install and remove, easy to move
- Zero maintenance, easy to cut and shape
- Characteristics of internal resilience which alleviate the backache typical of personnel who spend a long time crossing or standing on gratings (ergonomics) resulting in increased profitability
- Thermal and non-magnetic insulation characteristics: Excellent thermal and electrical insulation with no need for earthing (antistatic and conductive versions available on request)
- Self-extinguishing properties of the resins and low toxicity of halogen-free fumes: Maximum safety in all environments and protection of personnel in the event of fire.
- Find out about the characteristics of fibreglass gratings on the next page!
|Ask Eurograte for further technical details or a personalised estimate.
Contact us NOW! Tel. +39 02 950911, send us an email or fill in the online form